- As CITech encompasses a wide range of disciplines, including computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, health, arts, etc., students with undergraduate degrees in various majors with interest in immersive technologies could potentially be admitted into CITech.
- CITech is open to both master’s and PhD students.
- Current UBC graduate students whose research partly or in full relates to immersive technologies can also join CITech upon approval of their current supervisors.
- Various forms of financial support are provided to CITech student, including research stipend and conference attendance funding.
- When admitted to CITech, students must complete their home department program requirements to be eligible to receive the program certificate of completion.
- Interested new candidates must first find a faculty member at UBC who is willing to primarily supervise them in their graduate studies. Explore the list of CITech faculty team members. Prospective students are encouraged to contact the faculty members with expertise related to their background to learn about available graduate student opportunities in their labs.
- Students are nominated to the program by faculty members and do not directly apply to CITech. However, students must apply or be accepted to one of the graduate degree programs at Okanagan or Vancouver campuses of UBC at the discretion of the intended faculty supervisor.
Please direct any questions or inquiries to Dr. Mahdi Takaffoli, Program Coordinator at at email@example.com.